Time & Location
Feb 12, 2022, 6:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST
North Pond, Smithfield, ME 04978, USA
About the event
On Saturday, February 12, 2022, we will be hosting a Pike Ice Fishing Derby from 6:00 AM - 4:00 PM here on North Pond. Prizes for heaviest Pike are set at $500 for 1st, $200 for 2nd and $100 for 3rd place . Ticket sales will end at 10am on the day of the derby.
Derby Rules and Details
- You are responsible for knowing and following all applicable Maine Fishing Laws and Rules (Laws & Rules: Fishing: Fishing & Boating: Maine Dept of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife).
- At this time there are no COVID restrictions from the State. You may follow the General Guidelines that you feel are necessary (General Guidance | Department of Economic and Community Development (maine.gov)).
- Do not forget to print out your ticket or have it available on your phone. This will help us streamline the process of verifying your registration.
- Weigh-in station has been moved off 137 close to Mt. Tom Road. There is a snowmobile trail to the lake and we'll be about 30 feet from that access. You can view a picture of the location here: https://static.wixstatic.com/media/4fabda_834f988dd6164b618f9640d731775833~mv2.png
- We will record your name along with the weight, length and the time you weighed in for any tie breakers.
- Your pike must be free of all snow and ice prior to be weighed in.
- We are working off the honor system and expect that all pike were caught on North Pond.
- We reserve the right to reject any submission from those who are suspected of cheating.
- We understand that some people will be out fishing sooner than our derby start time. To help accommodate for this, we will be setup by 6:00 AM. However, we will not accept any pike that were caught before then or after 4:00 PM.
- If there is a line of people waiting to have their pike weighed before 4:00 PM we will ensure everyone gets weighed in.
It's expected that trash will accumulate during this time, but to help keep the lake clean we will be leaving boxes of trash bags at few locations for you to have. If you bring your bags of trash over to the weigh-in station, we will take them to the dump for you.
We are also looking for volunteers who would be willing to help do a quick sweep of the lake after the derby to help pick up any leftover garbage bags that were missed.